Join Magpie on Larimer Square
A pop-up gallery of local Colorado artists, in collaboration with Larimer Square — through January 2023
72 Hours: Stockholm, photos by Jeff Fierberg — Extended through January 29, 2023!
Stop by the Magpie Pop-Up Gallery at 1428 Larimer Street to see the latest work by amazing photographer Jeff Fierberg. This surprise New Year’s Eve show has been extended through the month of January. If you missed the opening, there is still time to check it out.
Contact us to schedule a private showing.
The Magpie pop-up gallery on Larimer Square will feature rotating artists through January 29, 2023. Unless noted above, gallery hours are Friday 11 am – 8 pm, Saturday 11 am – 7 pm, Sunday 1 – 5 pm, and Monday – Thursday by appointment only. Contact us for a private showing.
Magpie Pop-Up Gallery on Larimer Square
1428 Larimer Street
Denver, CO 80202
December 2022 — Group Show Featuring Six of Denver’s Amazing Female Artists
Magpie is excited to partner with Larimer Square to present HeART of the Holidays: Femmes to the Front. The show opened on Friday, December 2nd featuring live local jazz music by Tiffany and the Sidecars.
The show featured new works by six Colorado artists:
- Marcia Harvey – exploring transformation and empowerment through oil paintings, embroidery and digital art
- Eliza Marcus – works ranging from paintings to fashion design sketches
- Raven Rohrig – illustrations and multimedia art using inks, paints, thread and found objects to explore the erotic, vulnerability and the queer connection
- S.A. Bennett – exploring the African diaspora through various media – including oils, ink-resist, acrylics, printing, drawing and assemblage
- Shelissa Jones – acrylics and abstract mixed media works
- Sheri Frazier – Western landscapes and portrait photography
November 2022 — Darrell Anderson — “Mediums”
“Mediums” — the first solo show from internationally-acclaimed, Denver artist Darrell Anderson was held in the pop-up Magpie Arts Gallery on Larimer Square from Friday, Nov. 4th – Saturday, Nov. 26th. Dozens of Anderson’s bright and bold paintings were on display, including oils, pen and ink, colored pencil, and acrylics. These were mainly new works done in 2022, reflecting new creative themes and styles, while still having the Anderson sense of movement, light, and color.
Follow us on social to be notified of upcoming artist's receptions and events, and to see our latest collections.